Thursday, January 29, 2009

DIY Flower Girl Pails and the Bridal Brigade




The first thing I did when I got engaged was buy the book, DIY Bride and have taken several projects from it. The first was the flower girl pails. One of the members of my "Bridal Brigade", Megan has two adorable little girls, Kameron and Gracie that will be the flower girls. So we got together last weekend to craft these simple and adorable pails for less than $10 each.

The process of choosing those friends I would like to surround me on my wedding day was simple. They are not only friends that have been with me through several phases of my life, but are calm and assertive people that I knew I could depend on for emotional and mental support throughout my engagement as well. I did not want to have a traditional bridal party with mitchy-matchy outfits that no one wears again, so I assembled the Bridal Brigade and gave each "brigadeer" a specific mission, giving them the option to decline if their lives were too hectic to accomplish it. Giving people an option and laying out all expected responsibilities seemed like the most respectful and adult way of going about it.

2 comments:

  1. I love this. You are going to throw one hell of a DIY wedding/partaaay! I can't wait to have some time to help! Crafts are my specialty. And I love cupcakes! Valentines here I come if not sooner....


    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. and yes yes yes, Cali is on board. I love the little pails and is that the center piece behind? Loving it. Here to give my sweet opinion all day e'ry day for you!

    ReplyDelete